In the streets {open}

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the streets {open}

Post by Crucifix on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Crucifix was sitting on the sidewalk, leaning up against the building behind him as he watch the other angels and visiting species walk to wherever they needed to go. Many of the people didn't notice that he himself was the Archangel since he wasn't wearing his normal robes and armor, but he didn't mind. He liked to walk around outside and fit in with the crowd.

Crucifix took a cigarette and lit it up, breathing in slowly the fumes that wreaked havoc on the lungs of any normal human. They didn't affect his whatsoever. Hit after hit, he smoked the cigarette until it was a cenimeter of tobacco and the rest was filtered. He flicked the butt perfectly into the trash can and listened as it ground it up into crumbs like the rest of the trash. He looked up and watched as the hovercars flew by overhead and wondered why angels even needed them since God gave them wings, but remembered that even angels get tired from flying, just as birds do. He chuckled to himself.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

View user profile http://enthedrill.canadacry.net

Back to top Go down

Re: In the streets {open}

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Artemis looked around the city for a place to purchase some arrows. Her quiver was completely empty and she didn't enjoy hunting with her small knife. After walking around like an idiot for hours she finally almost gave up and sat down. She couldn't stay for long though, someone might find her and throw her in one of those orphanages she always heard about. Artemis didn't like the thought of that. Nope, not one bit.
Artemis tried getting back up but was just too exhausted. She sighed and decided to sit down a little longer.
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Crucifix looked over at the girl who had just sat down. She looked horribly frustrated. He tried to read her eyes to see what was wrong, but she put up strong metal shields. He couldn't read her.

"Something wrong, miss? Anything I could help you with? I am the Archangel after all," he said. He noticed her ears. An elf, he thought. She must be a high elf. The gaurds wouldn't dare let a dark elf anywhere near here. Those were my own personal requests. Then, Crucifix noticed her quiver was empty. That must've been the problem, he figured. But he didn't want to be too sure in case he wasn't right.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Artemis jumped at the sound of his voice and nearly went for her knife, then realizing it was only an angel she sat back down.
"Yeah somethings wrong allright!" she waved the empty quiver in front of his eyes. "Can't find a place that sells arrows in this blasted city!"
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Crucifix almost frowned that his city had failed a visitor so badly. After all, the civilians were the ones the city was built for. Crucifix was certain he had enough energy to create arrows using magic, but he didn't know if they would be the type she wanted.

"Well," he started, "I could create some arrows the angels here mostly use, but that depends on if you would use them or not."
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Artemis looked at the angel with wide eyes. "You'd really be willing to do that? Well this is just perfect!" Artemis laughed. Apparantly this guy didn't seem to find it awkward for a girl to need arrows. Maybe civilians had changed while she was off living in the woods.
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Crucifix noticed a bit of curiosity in her voice. Perhaps she hadn't been in society in a long time. He found it wierd. She was a beautiful elf, none the less.
"Alright," he said, "how many do you need?"
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:32 pm

"30 or so should do the trick." She said nodding. She was over-joyed to know that she'd be getting her arrows after all. That meant more food on her plate and a less hungry and cranky Artemis.
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:44 pm

"So you like to hunt?" Crucifix asked as he drew the three runes on the ground. When he finished, the runes glowed a bright green color and began to hover in the air, creating the arrows as they ascended. When they finished, he took them and handed them over to her.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Artemis took the arrows from the guy. "Thank you Mr.....ummm....." She didn't know his name so she just decided to leave the sentence hanging in the air. "Yeah and I love hunting."
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 pm

"Crucifix. That's what everyone calls me," he said with a chuckle. "And your name is? I like to hunt sometimes as well. Helps to keep me sane when I'm not running the city here."
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:59 pm

"Artemis" she said. "Cool. You hunt with a bow as well?" She didn't see a bow on him
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:34 pm

"No," he said as he outstretched his arm. As if on que, the hilt of a katana outlined and appeared in his hand. The blade then shot out of the hilt, singing gladly at its release once again into the world. Crucifix stood and swung the blade around gracefully in the air.

"I prefer to use a sword. It's easiest for me and the animal wouldn't be able to hit me in the first place."
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Artemis jumps back a little then laughs. "Haha! Yeah well, without proper training with weapons you get some nasty scratches out there" She shows him her right shoulder with a long scar running down. "Yup. Hunting, Day 1"
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

"That sounds painful!" Crucifix said. He felt sympathy towards her. "I can heal that if you don't want that scar anymore," he offered. "I'm pretty sure you learned quick after that," he said with a chuckle. He looked one more time at the scar on her shoulder. It looked very painful.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Artemis laughed a little. "No no, it's quite alright actually. It's a few years old so the pains long gone by now. Besides...sorta reminds me what's really out there..." She shudders a bit but hopes he didn't notice
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:52 pm

"Oh don't worry," Crucifix said, "I'm well aware of what it's like out there... And what it used to be like." Crucifix began to reminesc about his past and his role during the great millenia war. He remembered all those who lost their lives and how thankfull everyone was when the war ended. Memories like those made Crucifix wish he wasn't the Archangel and hadn't been born so long ago, but alas, it wasn't his own choice to make. God made him with a purpose, and he was fulfilling it to the best of his ability.

"All of that aside, you shouldn't be out there by yourself. Do you have a certain destination? You look awefully young to be out there alone without a reason."
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Artemis started to panic a bit. What if he found out she was a loner? Would he throw her in the orphanage? But he seemed really kind...
"Ummm...yeah"
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

"Where to?" He asked. He could tell something was up and wondered if she needed any help. Perhaps he could accompany her if she was afraid, but he didn't know. He wanted to ask, but kept his thoughts to himself.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 pm

"Oh well..." Her sentence is cut off when her stomach growls "......hunting"
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Crucifix chuckled. "Alright. Let me guess, you're on your own out there? It's perfectly fine and it's your own choice. Slaving and orphanages are not permitted here, so I can offer you sanctuary," he said. He could tell she was on her own by the way she hesitated and the way her stomach growled. How she kept her figure and build the way she did was beyond him, though. She looked as if she was a wealthy princess, or something along those lines.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 pm

"Wow! Ummm...thanks" She was really shocked yet relieved that she wouldn't go to the orphanage.
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Crucifix could see the shock in her eyes. He could tell other cities were not like his. It was just like the past. Like it was happening all over again. It was only a matter of time.

"Now, would you like to go hunt? I can tell you're hungry."
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Overjoyed, Artemis nodded happily. She grabbed his hand and raced off towards the woods. "I know some great hunting areas around here. I'll show you!"
Artemis
Experienced
Experienced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucifix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Crucifix laughed at his overjoyed companion. He liked her. She seemed to be an upbeat person and full of energy. He followed as they ran out of the city and into the woods.
Crucifix
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top